Saturday, September 20, 2008

Auto-Magic!

You are brave, You are rich... Well that's what I can tell if you are traveling in auto rickshaws in Bangalore. Either you are super rich or dont give a damn for the money :)

Last week I had to travel to office thrice by Auto as I missed the 8AM 63 from VJN. Believe me 3 out of 4 autos said they wont come to the city center and demanded 80-100 bucks right in the morning!!! Well in the end I had to cough up 70 bucks for an auto with a faulty meter though! Who cares for the law - this is India!

Come evening its still horrible. You either need to leave office at half past five or cough up a huge sum just to travel over 8 kilometers! and listen to all unnecessary gaali's :(. Why can we all not use auto rickshaws for a day and teach those buggers a lesson?

Yesterday I had to travel to Mysore by the 6:15 train, for a distance of 3kms, autos asked for as much as 100 bucks! Given my principles I said **** off guys and settled for the good old BMTC, to land in majestic at half past six, to travel by a volvo paying 225 bucks!!! (The good old Chamundi Express just costs my 43 bucks + auto). All for a lousy half litre packaged drinking water bottle.

Chuck this story. I just wanted to make these points from this post
  • Report autos with faulty meter to the nearest police and make them take action. Meters have magic in them and they run faster than Tyson Gay!
  • Avoid these buggers unless its an emergency. BMTC has better Suvarna and Vajra services now a days
  • Stop sympathising with them, they are the rule breakers and they are the traffic blockers. Have autos off the road!!!
  • Avoid autos emitting excess smoke!
Well... whatever you do... please do something for a greener environment!

No comments: